He wahi leo mahalo kēia iā 'oukou, e nā lālā o ka Hawai'i Academy of Recording Arts. We are humbled to be finalists for the 2017 Nā Hōkū Hanohano Awards. Mahalo e ke Akua, e na ohana, e na kumu, e na hoapili, and everyone who has supported us thus far. We also want to send a huge ho'omaika'i to our fellow nominees. We are truly thankful to be nominated for the following categories:
- Album of the Year
- Song of the Year - "Hanohano Haʻiku"
- Group of the Year
- Most Promising Artist of the Year
- Hawaiian Music Album of the Year
- Favorite Entertainer of the Year
- Liner Notes Award of the Year
- Hawaiian Language Performance Award of the Year
- Haku Mele Award of the Year - "Hanohano Haʻiku" "Kahiko Kapalama" & "Pikake Launa ʻOle"
As mele practitioners, we hold mele and 'ōlelo Hawai'i in high esteem. We hope this celebration of mele, our humble contribution to the collective kāhua mele Hawaiʻi, continues to carry one and all by the currents of the past, made new in the present, as we head toward new horizons. E ko'olau ke kō a Keauhou!
Tune in to KFVE from 6 - 10 PM to watch the 40th Annual Na Hoku Hanohano Awards Celebration! #NAHOKU2017